Occasionally---fine, maybe more often than occasionally---I feel completely out of control of myself. I think about this, I think about that, I think about everything but the thing that is at hand. Gah! There is no focus... absolutely none. I can't concentrate.
Am I ADD? Do I have an especially bad case of Senior-itis? Is there something wrong with me, that I can't seem to pay attention to anything for longer than 5 minutes?
God, obviously I am not in control. But actually, that's alright, isn't it? Because I want you to be in control. Take control of my restless mind, my confused heart, my longing soul, my passing thoughts, my tentative feelings, my directionless LIFE. Take them... and direct them wherever you want them to be.
"Oh, I'm losing my head. One day it will fall off altogether, and a horse will kick it into the mud, and goodbye, Yente." (Yente, from Fiddler on The Roof.)
Oooh, good ole' Yente the match maker. I think I understand you.
No comments:
Post a Comment