Scratch that. I do have some more things to say, because I want to write down a few of my New Year's resolutions (today being the 2nd day of the newly begun 2010.)
Resolution #1 - GET SLEEP. In other words, go to bed by at least 10:00 p.m. every night. Actually, for starters, I should just resolve to go to bed at night. (Yeah, it's that bad. I'm practically nocturnal.)
Resolution #2 - Keep my room clean this school semester. I am cleaning it today, and it is positively frightening. I don't even know what happened... it looks like something might have exploded. By habit, I am usually a neat person, so this is weird and uncharacteristic.
Resolution #3 - Read my Bible everyday. Not three times a week, not every other day. Every day.
Resolution #4 - Do not become re-addicted to facebook. I started my "facebook ban" a couple months ago and---though it was tough at first---I totally conquered that book of faces. So far, facebook has stayed conquered. But I certainly do not want to let my guard back down.
Resolution #5 - Remember to take my vitamins every morning. Maybe that's sort of dumb, but I have been getting sick quite often lately, and I was thinking that lack of vitamin consumption may have something to do with it. Forgetting to take my vitamins might not be the sole cause of the random spouts of sickness I have been experiencing (lack of sleep is probably an issue, as well), but I do think taking them would be an over-all good addition to the up-keeping of my health. So, haha, I shall be like my ninety-nine year old great-grandmother and faithfully take my vitamins eeeeeevery morning. (Hey, she's been doing it for ninety-nine years and... well, that's the point.)
Resolution #6 - Help out more around the house. That one is pretty self-explanatory. I am so busy, and I get so caught up in my own affairs and problems and list of things to do, that I completely over-look the needs of others in my family. This goes for people around me in general, too. It shall be no more. "Don't think only about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and what they are doing." - Philippians 2:4
Resolution #7 - This one isn't really a resolution. It's more of a necessity. Figure out what to do with the rest of my life. As in find a college, a career, or both. Or at least decide if I am going to college this year, or staying home and working while taking my general classes at OIT... or... oh, bother. I wish I had more time to... to... well, it is the beginning of the rest of my life, after all, and it seems like I should have more time to decide what to do with it. Bah-humbug.
Resolution #8 - Take a road trip to the Oregon Coast and camp on the beach. There, that sounds more light-hearted than "figure out what to do with the rest of my life". Whew.
Resolution #9 - Go on a cross country ski/snow camping trip at Crater Lake or Cotton Wood. This requires snow. "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..."
Resolution #10 - Read books. LOTS of books---lots of GOOD books. Besides The Source, a one-million page novel that I probably won't finish until I am fifty-years-old---or at least until the end of the school year---I currently am not reading anything of value or significance, or even enjoyment. It is time that I addressed this problem and fixed it. The Source is a good, though ambitious start for me. (Courtesy of Jordan, since I borrowed it from him. Thank you, Jordan. :D)
Resolution #11 - Keep all of the above resolutions.

Heeeeerrrreeeee comes 2010, and whatever it brings with it.
hahaha. "Do not become re-addicted to facebook." Cheers, I'm with you all the way, sister!
ReplyDelete